Minutes in a Sec – September 2019
The “Minutes in a Sec” memo, a compilation of motions passed and highlights from our recent Executive Board meetings, was presented this past spring in an effort to keep our membership more informed. The IACAC Secretary and Media Communications team look forward to sharing this with you on a regular basis. As always, our Meeting Minutes are available at Meeting Minutes & Reports for your review after they are approved at the next Executive Board Meeting. Please enjoy these highlights.
IACAC Executive Board Meeting
HIGHLIGHTS and MOTIONS
Monday, September 9, 2019
Illinois State University
- Treasurer: The finance committee continues to complete a thorough review of the fiscal policy.
- Chief Delegate: NACAC has been cooperating with the Department of Justice to review the Code of Ethics and Professional Practices document for nearly two years. They’re requesting that NACAC remove three provisions from its code of ethics to comply with antitrust laws. NACAC members will vote at the annual conference on whether to remove the three ethical provisions from its professional guidelines. There is a revised NACAC membership model which provides more opportunities to join NACAC.
- President elect: The IACAC annual conference is scheduled for April 22-24, 2020. The conference committee will continue to take into consideration how to ensure that counselors from different parts of the state have access and opportunity to attend conference.
- Past President: The credentials and nominations committee is being formed and will meet in January. The Leadership Manual will be updated by the start of the new fiscal year.
- President: Items to focus on this year will include reevaluating the IACAC membership model, developing a legislative agenda, and considering the financial surplus and the proposals put forth by the ad hoc committee.
- Szczepanski motioned to approve the May board meeting minutes, E. Ruiz seconded. Motion carried.
- Updegraff motioned to include full conference registration in addition to the previously approved motion for the First Time Conference Grant Proposal, B. Hodges seconded. Motion carried.
- Szczepanski motioned to accept the CPS membership proposal as is and evaluate it after one trial year, P. Welsh seconded.
- Szczepanski motioned to table the original motion until the next executive board meeting in November, B. Hodges seconded. Motion carried.
- Solomon motioned to adjourn, Z. Blackwell seconded. Motion carried.
Please see the complete version of the IACAC Exec Board September 2019 Meeting Minutes available on the IACAC Website.