The Illinois Association for College Admission Counseling (IACAC) is an organization of counseling professionals dedicated to serving students as they explore options and make choices about pursuing postsecondary education. IACAC members are counselors, admission or financial aid officers, active retirees, or students who are concerned about the future of education in the state of Illinois and in the nation. IACAC is committed to maintaining high standards which foster ethical and social responsibility among those involved in the transition process.
In an effort to support the IACAC Strategic Plan, the Transfer Advisory Committee will award one $500 spring scholarship and two fall scholarships (valued at $1,000 and $500) to community college students to further their education at a four-year IACAC member institution.
A separate set of $1,000 scholarships for graduating high school seniors is also available from IACAC.
- Have completed a minimum of 36 semester hours at an Illinois community college
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA from all institutions attended
- Be an applicant to an IACAC member four-year institution
- Submit the IACAC Transfer Scholarship Application
- Complete the IACAC Transfer Scholarship Application, including essay
- Submit unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended
- Recipient will be required to submit official transcripts
- Recipient must enroll at an IACAC member postsecondary institution as a new student for the following spring or fall per the selected application
- Application and transcripts must be submitted by Monday, December 2, 2019
- Submit application and transcripts online
Evaluation and Notification
- Members of the IACAC Transfer Advisory Committee will review applications paying particular attention to academic performance and personal statement
- All applicants will be notified by December 20, 2019
- Contact Kristin Smigielski
Jacqueline Kaiser ($1,000)
Maria Arreguin ($500) – Read Maria’s Thank You Note to IACAC
Elizabeth Baubkis ($1,000)
Keaira Cox ($500) – Read Keaira’s Thank You Letter to IACAC
Maram Alnahhas, Moraine Valley Community College
Josie Suter, College of DuPage
Maricela Calderon, College of DuPage