The Illinois Association for College Admission Counseling (IACAC) is an organization of counseling professionals dedicated to serving students as they explore options and make choices about pursuing postsecondary education. IACAC members are counselors, admission or financial aid officers, active retirees, or students who are concerned about the future of education in the state of Illinois and in the nation. IACAC is committed to maintaining high standards which foster ethical and social responsibility among those involved in the transition process.
In an effort to support the IACAC Strategic Plan, the Transfer Advisory Committee will award five $1,000 scholarships for Fall 2023 scholarships to community college students to further their education at a four-year IACAC member institution. Since our membership is constantly growing, we’ll work to keep this list up to date. If you don’t see a school listed, please reach out to inquire.
A separate set of $1,000 scholarships for graduating high school seniors is also available from IACAC.
- Have completed a minimum of 36 semester hours at an Illinois community college
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA from all institutions attended
- Be an applicant to an IACAC member four-year institution for Fall 2023 first-time enrollment
- Submit the IACAC Transfer Scholarship Application
- Complete the IACAC Transfer Scholarship Application, including essay and resume
- Submit unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended
- Recipient will be required to submit official transcripts
- Recipient must enroll at an IACAC member postsecondary institution as a new student for the Fall 2023 semester
- Application and transcripts must be submitted by March 17, 2023.
- Submit application and transcripts online
Evaluation and Notification
- Members of the IACAC Transfer Advisory Committee will review applications paying particular attention to academic performance, extracurricular activities, and personal statement.
- All applicants will be notified mid-April.
- Contact the Transfer Advisory Committee Co-chairs
Allene Hari – Transferred from Parkland College to the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Laura Dudzik – Transferred from Oakton College to the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Safiyah Agunbiade – Transferred from Malcom X City College to University of Illinois Chicago
Julissa Alvarado – Transferred from College of DuPage to University of Illinois Chicago
Christopher Link – Transferred from Sauk Valley Community College to University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Samantha McGreevy – Transferred from Waubonsee Community College to Illinois State University
Chelsea Coleman-Scott – Transferred from Lake Land College to University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Marla Portillo – Transferring from College of DuPage to University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Ivan Ocampo – Transferring from Harold Washington Community College to Northeastern Illinois University
Alex Turner – Transferring from Lake Land Community College to Illinois State University
Josselyn Cruz – Transferring from Oakton Community College to Northeastern University
Precious Taiwo – Transferring from Harry S. Truman College to Northern Illinois University
Yozgyul Mustafova – Transferring from Harry S. Truman College to University of Illinois at Chicago
Anthony Huerta – Transferring from Wilbur Wright College to University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Evelinn Sanchez – Transferred from Richard J. Daly College to Elmhurst University
Melany Duenas – Transferred from Morton College to University of St. Francis
Melania Toczko ($1,000)
Sedona Smith ($500)
Jacqueline Kaiser ($1,000)
Maria Arreguin ($500) – Read Maria’s Thank You Note to IACAC
Elizabeth Baubkis ($1,000)
Keaira Cox ($500) – Read Keaira’s Thank You Letter to IACAC
Maram Alnahhas, Moraine Valley Community College
Josie Suter, College of DuPage
Maricela Calderon, College of DuPage