The Illinois Association for College Admission Counseling is an organization of counseling professionals dedicated to serving students as they explore options and make choices about pursuing postsecondary education. IACAC members are counselors, admission or financial aid officers, active retirees, or students who are concerned about the future of education in the State of Illinois and in the nation. IACAC is committed to maintaining high standards which foster ethical and social responsibility among those involved in the transition process.
In an effort to support the IACAC Strategic Plan 2015-18, the Transfer Advisory Committee will award one $1,000 scholarship to a community college student to further his/her education at a four-year IACAC member institution.
A separate set of $1,000 scholarships for graduating high school seniors is also available from IACAC.
- Have completed a minimum of 36 semester hours at an Illinois community college
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA from all institutions attended
- Be an applicant to an IACAC member four-year institution
- Submit the IACAC Transfer Scholarship Application
- Complete the IACAC Transfer Scholarship Application (online or paper), including essay
- Submit unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended
- Recipient will be required to submit official transcripts
- Recipient must enroll at an IACAC member post-secondary institution during the 2018-19 academic year
- Application and transcripts must be submitted by Friday, March 23, 2018
- Submit application and transcripts online
- You can also mail application and transcripts to:
IACAC Transfer Scholarship
Northern Illinois University
1425 West Lincoln Highway
DeKalb, IL 60156
Evaluation and Notification
- Members of the IACAC Transfer Advisory Committee will review applications paying particular attention to academic performance, extracurricular activities and personal statement.
- All applicants will be notified by Friday, April 13, 2018
- Contact Meredith Eskoff