IACAC is pleased to offer five $1,000 scholarships ($500 each semester, non-renewable) to students who exhibit a commitment to learning and have demonstrated leadership skills and/or community service involvement.
- The applicant must be a graduating senior from an IACAC member high school (where at least one counselor is an IACAC member) with a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. To verify if your high school is an IACAC member, contact Linda Haffner, (800) 829-0176;
- The applicant must enroll as a full-time, college freshman at a post-secondary institution in the 2016-2017 school year (preferably at an IACAC member institution); and
- The student must demonstrate involvement in high school, the community, or service to others with motivation to achieve personal goals.
- Applications will be reviewed by the IACAC Scholarship Committee
- Academic credentials, resume, personal essay, and the counselor’s recommendation will be evaluated
Student Application Instructions
Before beginning the online application you will need: your counselor’s email address, an essay, and a resume. The student’s portion of the application must be submitted by Friday, February 19, 2016.
Failure to comply with these application instructions may result in disqualification of eligibility.
Write an essay addressing the following topic:
What makes you extraordinary?
- The essay should typed, double-spaced, and two pages in length.
- Write your name, high school, and essay prompt at the top.
- Save your essay as a Word Document or PDF. You will upload this file in the application.
Prepare a resume that demonstrates your leadership, involvement in high school, the community, and/or service to others. Include the total number of service hours. Download a sample resume
- Write your name and high school at the top.
- Save your resume as a Word Document or PDF.
- You will upload this file in the application.
Tell Your Counselor
Tell your counselor that you have applied for the IACAC Scholarship. Ask your counselor to submit the Counselor Recommendation form with your high school transcript. S/he will also receive an email with a copy of your application.
All materials from your counselor must be submitted online or postmarked by Wednesday, February 24, 2016.
Counselor Recommendation Instructions
After the student has submitted an application, the counselor will be sent an email notification. Counselors will need to provide the student’s:
- Email address (if available)
- Letter of recommendation (PDF or Word Doc)
- Does this student qualify for an application fee waiver?
- GPA dates
- Highest grade/GPA in the class
- SAT score
- School profile
Transcripts and school profiles should be uploaded online in PDF or Word Doc format, but may also be postal mailed.
All materials from the counselor must be submitted online or postmarked by Wednesday, February 24, 2016.