Reimbursement requests will be reviewed by the Treasurer within 3 business days after submission. If the request requires additional information, the Treasurer or Executive Assistant will follow up with you before payment is made.
The following sections are excerpts from the Fiscal Policy (March 2014) and contact the Treasurer with additional questions.
- The NACAC Assembly has approved a waiver of registration fees for the NACAC Annual Conference for all elected state and regional delegates in recognition of the time commitment necessary to participate in the Assembly. Because the Association’s President and President-Elect must also commit considerable time to Association business at the annual conference, the Illinois ACAC will pay their NACAC Annual Conference registration fees. Should the NACAC policy change, the Illinois ACAC Executive Board will review this policy. (BA)
- Registration fees for the NACAC Annual Conference would be a reimbursable expense for Executive Board officers who have official IACAC business and/or responsibilities, if not covered by their home institution or NACAC (BA 11-5-10)
- Registration fees for the NACAC Annual Conference would be a reimbursable expense for any IACAC member that serves on an NACAC Committee and is required to attend the NACAC Annual conference, if not covered by their home institution or NACAC. (BA 3-19-14)
- Registration fees for the President, President-Elect and Past President to attend NACAC Leadership Meetings will be annually budgeted to the extent not provided by NACAC. Additional committee chairpersons invited by NACAC to attend the above meetings may be annually budgeted to the extent not provided by NACAC. (BA 3-3-05) (BA 3-11-10)
- Registration fees for the district Seminar Coordinators and speakers will be left to the discretion of the coordinators of each seminar.
- President-Elect, Executive Assistant, and Event Coordinator will have Annual Conference registration and hotel fees paid for. (BA 11-02-12)
- Illinois ACAC Executive Board Members and Committee Chairpersons may approach the Executive Board for additional funds to cover registration fees for attendance at professional education activities that would benefit Illinois ACAC. The President must be informed prior to the request of the Executive Board for funding.
- Delegates’, Executive Board Officers’ (President-Elect, Treasurer and Executive Board members who have official IACAC business meetings and/or responsibilities-the President and Past-President are included as Delegates), and the Executive Assistant expenses to attend the NACAC Annual Conference, which are not covered by the delegate’s or officer’s institution, will be reimbursed by Illinois ACAC up to a maximum of $900. Receipts for travel, lodging (at ½ of the double room rate), and meals are required for reimbursement. (BA 1-29-93) (BA 6-14-96) (BA 3-5-00) (BA 3-3-05) (BA 1-11-08) (3-11-10) (BA 11-5-10)
- The President, President-Elect, Past-President or their designees may be reimbursed for travel expenses when attending non-ACAC professional meeting at which they are representing Illinois ACAC. (BA 3-8-91)
- Travel expenses for the President, President-Elect and Past President to attend the NACAC Leadership Meetings will be annually budgeted to the extent not provided by NACAC. Additional committee chairpersons invited by NACAC to attend the above meetings may be annually budgeted to the extent not provided by NACAC. (BA 1-11-08) (BA 3-11-10)
- Members presenting at Illinois ACAC workshops, seminars and institutes who otherwise would not attend that event may be reimbursed for travel expenses if the costs are not covered by their institution. (BA)
- Non-members presenting at Illinois ACAC workshops, seminars, institutes or conferences may be reimbursed for travel expenses as defined above. This reimbursement is made at the discretion of the chairperson of the event and must be within the limits of the committee’s budget.
- Executive Board members and committee chairpersons who are attending Executive Board or committee meetings or performing additional travel related services for the purpose of IACAC(such as: hiring and interviewing new staff, picking up speakers or interviewees from the airport, bus or train stations) (excluding Illinois ACAC or NACAC Annual Conferences), may be reimbursed for their mileage if not covered by the individual’s institution. Reimbursement will be at the per mile rate allowed by the IRS. (BA 1-11-08)
- Executive Board members who attend Executive Board meetings (excluding Illinois ACAC or NACAC Annual Conferences) at a distance in excess of 150 miles one-way, may be reimbursed for reasonable lodging expenses at ½ of the double occupancy rate, if not covered by the individual’s institution. (BA 1-29-93) (BA 6-14-96)
- Meals at any reimbursable function (NACAC Conference, LDI, Executive Board Meeting) where meals are not already provided, may be reimbursed by Illinois ACAC up to $50 per day. One alcoholic beverage served with a meal is acceptable. (BA 6-14-96) (BA 1-11-08)
- Annual Conference hotel costs (1/2 the cost of a room, up to three nights) will be included in the conference budget for on-site chairs (up to three) and registration chairs (up to two), to the extent they are not covered by the members’ institution. (BA 11-02-12)
- Committee member operating expenses incurred within the scope of the committee’s function exclusive of travel, not donated by the institution, may be paid for from the committee’s budget. Receipts are required for all reimbursements.
- Personal expenses of Executive Board members and committee chairpersons for postage, photocopying, printing, phone calls, food and supplies incurred while performing Association business, which were not covered by the committee’s budget nor donated by the institution, require the President’s approval and receipts for reimbursements.
- Bus/Plane Tour expenses – the registration cost for the coordinator of the bus tour and for the coordinator of the plane tour will be considered an operating expense covered by the income generated from the tours. One and one-half additional registrations for each plane tour and one and one-half additional registrations for each full bus tour will be allotted per the discretion of the tour director. One full registration for the mini-bus tour and one additional registration for each mini-bus tour will be allotted under the same conditions. Registration reimbursements will be recorded as expenses and become part of the official Board report made at the conclusion of the tour. (BA 2-2-98) (BA 3-3-05)