IACAC Electronic Mailing List Subscriber Agreement
By subscribing to and participating in the electronic mailing list (“Listserv”) of the Illinois Association for College Admission Counseling (IACAC), you and your company or other organization agree to be bound by the terms contained in this Subscriber Agreement (“Agreement”). If you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement, do not proceed any further and do not use the Listserv. IACAC recommends printing a copy of this page for your reference. IACAC also recommends referring back to this document regularly, as it may make changes to this Agreement from time to time. IACAC will use the Listserv to notify Listserv subscribers when the Agreement changes and will post the updated Agreement on the IACAC website located at www.iacac.org. Access to or use of the Listserv after the notification or posting of such changes will be deemed consent to such changes.
Use of this Listserv is solely at IACAC’s discretion, and IACAC reserves the right to (a) prohibit anyone from accessing, browsing, supplying information to, downloading information from, or conducting business using this Listserv; (b) remove content that does not comply with this Agreement; and (c) terminate your access to the Listserv if you violate any of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement.
Purpose of the Listserv
IACAC’s Listserv is a forum for professional discourse on topics related to the college admission process. The Listserv is intended for IACAC members involved in college admission counseling at the secondary and postsecondary levels of education. This Listserv is not a consumer-oriented forum.
Summary of Rules
- DO make only truthful statements or opinions.
- DO use good judgment and caution when posting messages to the Listserv. Information posted on the Listserv is available for all to see, and comments are subject to various laws. Your actions can subject you and your institution, company, or organization to liability.
- DO comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding your use of the Listserv, including defamation, copyright and antitrust laws.
- DO use the Listserv to engage in discussions related to the college admission process.
- DO be respectful of other subscribers and their opinions.
- DO use good Listserv etiquette.
- DO NOT quote any Listserv message without prior approval from the person who posted the message.
- DO NOT post anything in an Listserv message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- DO NOT retransmit, publicly display, sell or use the content of Listserv messages other than solely for your personal use.
- DO NOT use the Listserv to post or transmit any material that violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others (such as copyright infringement) that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, abusive or otherwise objectionable that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law.
- DO NOT post any confidential information or any information that would infringe upon the proprietary, privacy or personal rights of others.
- DO NOT distribute, post, publish or communicate any material that contains promotional, commercial or advertising messages (see below).
- Signature Tag: Include a signature tag on all messages with your name, affiliation and location.
- Subject Line: State the specific topic of your comments in the subject line. All Listserv emails will automatically have the tag “[IACAC]” inserted at the beginning of the subject line for easy identification and sorting.
- Respect for Others: Avoid personal attacks on others. The discussions on this Listserv are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention.
- Requests for Information: The Listserv is meant to be a forum for professional discourse on topics related to the college admission process. Requests for resources, specific programs that meet certain criteria, etc., are permitted, but please do not respond to the entire Listserv with each suggestion. Instead, IACAC prefers that the subscriber who requested the information post a summary of the responses.
- Attachments: All emails with attachments will be automatically rejected in their entirety. An automatic message from the server will reply to you indicating that the message did not go through. This is to prevent the spread of viruses and for the entire membership’s protection.
Promotional, Commercial and Advertising Use Is Prohibited
All postings must be of an informational nature and for informational purposes only. Use of the Listserv for promotional use, commercial use, advertising purposes or any other unauthorized use is prohibited. If you are interested in reaching the IACAC membership with your promotional message, opportunities are available at the IACAC Annual Conference, through the IACAC Admission Essay newsletter and other publications. For more information, please contact Erin Hoover, IACAC Manager of Digital Services.
Discussions about resources, products and vendors in accordance with this Agreement, are encouraged; however, you may not use the Listserv to solicit or conduct business, including the direct or indirect marketing of subscribers’ products and services, in any manner. Do not use the Listserv to provide information, materials, products, or services in exchange for compensation of any kind.
YOUR USE OF THE Listserv OR ANY OF THE CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE LISTSERV AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND “AS-AVAILABLE.” IACAC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE Listserv AND THE CONTENT, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTION, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. TITLE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
YOU HAVE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR VERIFYING THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY AND TIMELINESS OF ALL CONTENT IACAC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE LISTSERV OR ANY CONTENT.