IACAC is pleased to offer five $1,000 scholarships ($500 each semester, non-renewable) to students who exhibit a commitment to learning and have demonstrated leadership skills and/or community service involvement.
The applicant must be a graduating senior from an IACAC member high school (where at least one counselor is an IACAC member) with a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. To verify if your high school is an IACAC member, contact Linda Haffner at LHaffner@iacac.org or (800) 829-0176. He or she must enroll as a full-time college freshman at a post-secondary institution in the 2014-2015 school year (preferably at an IACAC member institution). The student must also demonstrate involvement in high school, the community, or service to others with motivation to achieve personal goals.
- Applications will be reviewed by the IACAC Scholarship Committee
- Academic credentials, resume, personal essay, and the counselor’s recommendation will be evaluated
- Complete the application form
- Submit an official transcript with GPA, rank (if available), ACT/SAT score, and school profile
- Submit a resume demonstrating leadership, involvement in high school, the community, and/or service to others. Please include total number of service hours.
- Submit a typed, double-spaced, two-page essay addressing the following topic items:
- Describe a counselor, teacher, or experience that has had the greatest influence on your decision to attend college.
- How has this individual or experience impacted your future goals?
- How do plan on making a positive impact on your college community and beyond?
- Submit a letter of recommendation from your high school counselor
- Applications must be postmarked by Friday, February 28, 2014
- Recipients will be officially recognized at the IACAC Annual Conference on April 30, 2014
- Names will be posted on the IACAC website shortly after April 30, 2014
Congratulations to the 2013 IACAC Scholarship recipients
Lyons Township High School
Counselor: Michele Stupak
Belleville East High School
Counselor: Denise Douglas
Downers Grove South HS
Downers Grove, IL
Counselor: Timothy Christy
O’Fallon High School
Counselor: Travis Hatton
Northside College Prep HS
Counselor: Marina Medina
The IACAC Scholarship was established in November 2012 after approval from the Executive Board. In March 2013, the Executive Board voted to approve the awarding of 5, $1,000 scholarships to be awarded annually each year. IACAC is truly pleased to be able to give back to the students that members work with on a daily basis.