6×6 Virtual College Fairs
for all Illinois students
presented by IACAC and StriveScan
We are excited to announce that IACAC will once again be partnering with StriveScan to host virtual college fairs this spring. While this fall we took advantage of panels and information sessions, this spring we look to provide college fairs for students. StriveScan’s 6×6 Virtual College Fair format exposes students to a wide range of colleges in a lively and safe environment.
Since last spring, StriveScan has hosted virtual college fairs and other virtual college admission programs nationwide, with over 300,000 students and 2,000 colleges and universities participating. We are partnering with StriveScan to create a unique opportunity for IACAC members and students in our state.
For all students throughout Illinois (and for colleges that wish to recruit students from Illinois); all events are 5-7:45 pm Central Time
- Monday, February 15 and Tuesday, February 16
- Monday, March 15 (Transfer students only)
- Wednesday, March 17 and Thursday, March 18
- Tuesday, April 13 and Wednesday, April 14
Registration How-To and Data Security for Counselors and Students
Students should register for each session that they want to attend. Once they register, they’ll receive a confirmation email with their unique link to join the Zoom webinar. (Students will also receive a barcode, but the barcode is not necessary for this virtual event.)
When students register, they are sharing their registration information only with colleges presenting on that particular panel. StriveScan does not sell or share personally identifiable student information with any other third parties.
Students should participate live so they can ask questions and interact with the college admission counselors. If students are unable to attend live, we still encourage them to register for the sessions they are interested in and recordings will be available here later.
Parents should register their students using their student’s information.
Please share this opportunity with your students and encourage them to register. Counselors are also welcome to register and participate in all sessions!
StriveScan’s 6×6 Virtual College Fair Format
- After college registration closes, colleges will be assigned by us to a group with 5 other institutions (total of 6 colleges per group). Your group’s session will be 45-minutes long, allowing for each institution to present for 6 minutes.
- Throughout the entire 45 minutes, students will be able to ask questions via chat.
- There will be multiple concurrent group sessions happening each hour.
- Students will register through StriveScan for each group session they want to attend.
- All 6 institutions in the group will receive the StriveScan student data for all of the students who registered for your group’s session.
- Your total time commitment is approximately one hour.
- Sessions are hosted by StriveScan via Zoom Webinars (students will not be on camera).
- Learn more about StriveScan’s 6×6 virtual college fair format
Illinois Regional College Fairs
After much careful and thoughtful discussion, IACAC has decided to cancel all in-person Illinois Regional College Fairs (IRCF) for the spring of 2021. Additionally, we will be removing the college fair calendar from our website and will not be endorsing any in-person college fairs this spring.
Disclaimer: IACAC does not support or endorse attendance at any in-person fair in Illinois given the current situation with COVID-19. IACAC does not assume any liability for attendance at any in-person event that may be listed, or have been previously listed on the IACAC website.