Benefits of IACAC Membership
Professional Interaction With Colleagues
- Support in your job from the friendships you develop in IACAC.
- An e-mail listserv for the quick exchange of information with colleagues throughout the state.
- A professional network to aid with daily questions and concerns.
- An online, searchable membership directory lists contact information for all members.
- All institutions and individuals who join by October 15 are printed in a paper directory.
- Paper membership directories are easy to carry and available upon request.
- The directory lists all Illinois high schools.
- Members post job listings for non-profit institutions on our online job board.
- Subscribe by email to receive alerts when new jobs are posted or follow on Twitter.
A Formal Mentorship Program
- New counselors are partnered with more experienced colleagues to gain insights, ideas, and support.
- For those with several years experience, special middle management mentorship pairings are offered.
- Planned annual events foster interaction and collegiality.
Annual Spring Conference
- Three-day conference attracts more than 750 participants.
- Workshops, panels, and guest speakers focus on current issues and professional development.
- Social events and networking opportunities.
Seminars and Workshops
- District Seminars: annual professional development seminars bring topical admission issues to all eight geographic districts.
- The Middle Management Institute offers professional development in enrollment management strategies for individuals that aspire to go higher within the profession of admissions.
- The IACAC Summer Institute trains new admission counselors for success in the profession.
- An annual tour of colleges offers high school counselors opportunities to visit campuses throughout the country by bus or plane, depending on the year.
- Our online newsletter provides up-to-date information on association activities, discussion of important educational developments, and news notes from fellow members.