2023 Bike O’ Fun: The Mighty Mississippi River Tour
Southern Illinois University – Edwardsville
Washington University – St. Louis
St. Louis University
Thanks to the generous support of host schools, there is no cost to participants other than incidentals along the ride.
- Cost is a $25 refundable deposit that will be refunded upon completion of the tour.
- Participants are responsible for their transportation to the starting point of the tour and from the ending point of the tour. Tour leaders will assist in organizing logistics for car staging, potential ride sharing, and all other transportation details.
- Participants must have their own gear, wear a helmet, and be able to cover the stated distance.
- Participants will transport their own gear from campus to campus. There is no SAG vehicle; this is a self-supported tour.
- The leaders are happy to address any questions or provide information on packing and gear transport.
Tentative Trip Details
- Monday, June 26: The group assembles at Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville, where events will begin at 2:00 pm.
- Tuesday, June 27: Cycle from SIUE to Washington University-St Louis and St. Louis University. Our daily mileage will be approximately 30 miles, and will include crossing the Mississippi River.
- Wednesday, June 28: Cycle from St. Louis University to McKendree University, approximately 30 miles. The tour officially ends mid-afternoon. There will be an optional ride back to SIUE (22 miles).
This tour requires a high level of physical activity. Participants will cycle 30 miles daily and carry all of their own gear. This is a self-supported cycling tour with no support and gear (SAG) vehicle. Once on campus, we will meet with admission staff and tour each school by foot or on bike.