NACAC NEXT is a leadership development opportunity. It is a one-year program. Each year, a cohort of participants will convene in-person on Thursday morning during the NACAC Conference. NEXT participants will also join virtual quarterly sessions throughout the year focused on leadership topics, presented by NACAC staff and volunteer leaders.
Criteria for Selection
The selection committee for NACAC NEXT will consider the following criteria when evaluating applications:
- NACAC membership is required.
- Participants must have current involvement in IACAC as a committee chair or active committee member.
- IACAC Executive Board members are not eligible for participation.
- Participants must have institutional support to attend the NACAC conference and to attend quarterly virtual sessions during the year.
- Participants must first request financial assistance from their institution; financial support from IACAC is possible. Finances should not be a barrier for participating.
Expectations and Encouragements for Participants
- Participants will attend the NACAC Conference and quarterly virtual sessions throughout the year.
- Participants will act as mentors for the following cohort.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to present at the IACAC Annual Conference within one (1) year of NEXT participation.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to work together as a cohort in conjunction with other IACAC board members traveling with association funding in order to share out information.