The LEAD Program is a one-year professional development program committed to providing personal and professional growth for counselors of color interested in building a career within higher education. Participants will gain professional development experience in the areas of direct job experience, indirect job experience, self persuasion, self care, and goal setting. Participants will also have an opportunity to network with other professionals of color in enrollment management positions.
The program is IACAC supported and will begin in September 2018 and conclude in June 2019 with five in-person meetings and five web-based meetings throughout the year. There is no cost to the participant but space is limited.
Mission Statement: As practicing college admission officers we are committed to providing personal and professional growth for counselors of color interested in building a career within higher education.
Participants can expect to receive the following learning outcomes:
- ● Direct Experience – Participants will build self belief by increasing their competence through job experiences
- ● Indirect Experience – Participants will increase self competence through mentorship and networking
- ● Self Persuasion – Participants will develop personal belief through verbal confidence in self and positive thought processes
- ● Self Care – Participants will learn positive physical and mental health care methods needed to regulate poor performance
- ● Goal Setting – Participants will be self sufficient and persistent towards professional and personal growth
To apply please submit an application.