The LEAD Program is a one-year professional development program committed to providing personal and professional growth for counselors of color interested in building a career within higher education. Participants will gain professional development experience in the areas of direct job experience, indirect job experience, self persuasion, self care, and goal setting. Participants will also have an opportunity to network with other professionals of color in enrollment management positions.
Participants in the LEAD Program will meet once a month at locations throughout Illinois from December 2018-June 2019. There is no cost to the participant but space is limited.
Mission Statement: As practicing college admission officers we are committed to providing personal and professional growth for counselors of color interested in building a career within higher education.
Participants can expect to receive the following learning outcomes:
- ● Direct Experience – Participants will build self belief by increasing their competence through job experiences
- ● Indirect Experience – Participants will increase self competence through mentorship and networking
- ● Self Persuasion – Participants will develop personal belief through verbal confidence in self and positive thought processes
- ● Self Care – Participants will learn positive physical and mental health care methods needed to regulate poor performance
- ● Goal Setting – Participants will be self sufficient and persistent towards professional and personal growth
To apply please submit an application.
Ziggy Blackwell, Illinois College
Mayra Lagunas, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Dave Marcial, Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois