IACAC will be holding a silent auction during the Annual Conference in May to help raise funds to support our educational programs. We hope that you will support our efforts by donating to this year’s auction.
The options are endless and we are so excited to feature the MANY talents of the membership of IACAC! Items can be brought directly to conference or can be collected in advance by contacting Angie Cooksy, Chelsea Woodard or Brad Kain.
College Fair Collection Locations:
- 3/7 – Marist High School
- 3/14 – Bradley University
- 3/14 – College of Lake County
- 3/19 – Niles Township
- 3/20 – Noble Street
- 3/25 – Loyola Academy
Learn more about IACAC and our mission
The Illinois Association for College Admission Counseling is an organization of counseling professionals dedicated to serving students as they explore options and make choices about pursuing postsecondary education. IACAC members are counselors, admission or financial aid officers, active retirees, or students who are concerned about the future of education in the State of Illinois and in the nation. IACAC is committed to maintaining high standards which foster ethical and social responsibility among those involved in the transition process. The origin of IACAC is found in the national organization which was founded as “ACAC” on March 23, 1937, in Oak Park, Illinois. A conference of 13 Midwestern college admission “field workers” met on that date to discuss ethical issues in the profession. Today, our annual endeavors include:
- Sponsoring and organizing over thirty college fairs throughout Chicago and downstate Illinois serving as many as 150,000 students and families annually.
- Lobbying for educational issues at the local, state and national levels in order to insure access to college for our students.
- Coordinating volunteers for over seventy financial aid night programs for thousands of students and families.
- Holding professional development opportunities for counseling and admission professionals to raise the level of benefit our students receive from their work with our members.
While this is only a short list of the types of work we do as an organization, you can imagine that these programs come at a cost. Most of the funds for our work come directly from our membership through association fees and donated services and, unfortunately, this simply does not cover the expenses for all our initiatives. This, of course, is where you can play a role by donating to our auction.
Please mail your donation by April 15, 2019 to:
IACAC Conference Raffle Committee Co-Chair
2023A N Main St
Wheaton, IL 60187