The eighth annual Transfer Summit is a way for high school counselors, admission counselors, academic advisors, and transfer coordinators at both community colleges and four-year institutions to connect and talk about hot topics regarding transfer students. Join us in-person for this incredible professional development experience.
Date & Time
The 2023 Transfer Summit will be held on Friday, February 3 from 10:00 am – 2:30 pm at Moraine Valley Community College.
Location: Moraine Valley Community College Business and Conference Center (Building M on the campus map)
9000 W College Pkwy, Palos Hills, IL 60465
Link to the campus map: https://map.concept3d.com/?id=1762#!s/
Parking: C1 parking lot (directly outside of Building M)
No permit needed
IACAC members = $40
Non-members = $50
A late fee of $10 will apply after Friday, January 13th.
This year’s sessions will include:
- “Now join hands, and with your hands your hearts”: Creating Academic Partnerships and Building Effective Bridges
- A Closer Look – Transfer credit degree applicability and how it informs policy
- The Mentor Method: TEAM @ Mizzou
- Maximizing Your CRM to Support Transfer Students
- How to leverage a Latinx student organization into a recruitment tool for your institution
- Building an HSI Partnership based on Servingness through Title V Cooperative Grant
- Supporting Transfer Students through Golden Apple Scholars
- Facilitating Transfer for First-Generation Students: Redefining what “Care” means Post-Pandemic
- How do we ‘fix’ transfer processes? Start with improvement. Not solution-itis.
9:15-10:00 am Registration/Check-in
10:00-10:20 am Welcome/Opening Remarks
10:30-11:20 am Session A
11:30 am – 12:30 pm Lunch & Keynote
12:40 – 1:30 pm Session B
1:40 – 2:30 pm Session C